…Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder on my iPod.
…a peanut butter sandwich and original Sunchips.
…blue jeans, red shirt, blue earrings, and blue headband. Its KU casual day at work today. 🙂
…slightly exhausted, so I am totally ready for the weekend!
…is sunny out, but still chilly.
…wanting a week or two off from work to go on a luxurious vacation! A girl can dream, right?!?!?! lol : )
…to clean my bathroom.
… about having to do my taxes this weekend. YUCK! But getting to hang out with my best friend this weekend. YEAH! 🙂
… listening to my girl Whitney Houston. 🙂
I found this lovely Christmas questionaire and thought I would post it to my blog. 🙂
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I drink more Hot chocolate than Eggnog, but I enjoy a cup of eggnog once or twice in the season especially with Baileys. Mmmm!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Psh….heck yeah Santa wraps presents! That is the fun of christmas gifts , tearing open the paper!!!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights go on the tree, white lights on the front of the house, and colored lights on the back deck.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have, but when I get my own place I want to start hanging mistletoe! : )
5. When do you put your decorations up? We put up our decorations the day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Every year for Christmas Eve we eat soup burgers, a recipe that came from my dad’s side of the family! It is yum-o! Also my other favorite is the Cheese Ball! My brother always makes it every year! It is also yumYUM-o!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My twin brother and I sleeping under the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve! 🙂
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I do not really remember ever truly believing in Santa. We just thought Santa was a secret stranger who anonymously brought us gifts. : ) lol
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We do our whole Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve! And then on Christmas Morning we open our socks.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our whole family does it together! My mom and sister always did the lights while my brothers and I would fluff our fake tree! Then we would all get the ornaments and we each had certain ones we would hang. The fluffy fabric ornaments always went on the bottom so cause they wouldn’t break when our cat would paw at them.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Now that I am a working lady I dread it because I have to drive in it, but all growing up I love LOVE loved it!
12. Can you ice skate? Not really. My ankles are super super weak!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmmm…..my favorite gift? I am not entirely sure….
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family, family holiday recipes, family traditions!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My mom’s peanut clusters!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Every year as a family before we open our gifts my dad reads the Christmas story out of his bible and then we would read together out loud A Cup of Christmas Tree.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I mean who doesn’t enjoy receiving things, I do!!!! But I prefer to give, I have so much more fun giving than receiving. Giving is my love language. 🙂
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? YUM YUM YUMMY!!!!!
20. Favorite Christmas show? The Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, and Marjorie Reynolds! It is my favorite favorite FAVORITE holiday movie, and one of my favorite movies of all time!
Linda Mason: You better go inside, it’s cold and you don’t have a coat…
[gently pushes him]
Linda Mason: Go on.
Jim Hardy: [kisses her, moves back] Well I don’t need a coat anymore.
SWOON!!!!! I love LOVE love this movie!!! Watch it if you have never seen it!
21. Saddest Christmas song? Um, “Christmas Shoes” hands down. I can’t even listen to it. AND it has a book to go with it, depressing!
“He said, I wanna buy these shoes, for my mama, please. It’s Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size. Can you hurry, please? Daddy says there’s not much time. You see, she’s been sick for quite a while and I know these shoes will make her smile and I want her to look beautiful, if mommy meets Jesus tonight.”
22. What’s your favorite Christmas song? Umm my favorite traditional Christmas carol is Silent Night. My favorite Christmas song that is newer is Chris Brown’s version of This Christmas!
So that’s my Christmas Quiz, I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Feel free to steal it, I won’t be offended. : )
Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy Happy Happy New Year!
Well I sure haven’t blogged in a while, so let me give you the usual excuse…..life has been hectic. I’ll give you an outline/bulleted list, sound good?
- I moved with my twin brother and my parents from Baldwin City to Gardner at the beginning of July. Therefore, all of June was filled with pack the house and prepping to move. June was a crazy month to say the least, but it was full of beautiful change.
- July came and as I stated the first weekend we moved.
- The second weekend my family and I went down to Wichita to celebrate my older brother Bryan being ordained as a pastor. You can just call him Rev now, no big deal. (pictures are from my sister-in-laws blog, Ashley Dunham. Check her blog out she is such a cutie!)
- The third weekend was my birthday weekend. I turned 21, crazy I know. I had a wonderful weekend celebrating with my best friend, Ainsley and some wonderful friends.
- The fourth weekend I helped take part in throwing a surprise birthday for a wonderful close friend of mine, Stormie Colvin. She is lovely and her birthday July 15th just one day after mine. She turned 18 and is wise beyond her years. I love this girl! Her and I went on a date Saturday afternoon to the miniature toy museum, lunch on the plaza, and a stop at a pet shop to enjoy some cute little puppies. Then, I took her to Hope Alive to her surprise party. It was a blast, full of pictures, food, and love/appreciation for Stormie.
- The fifth weekend in July I went up to Manhattan, KS to help my older sister Laura and her husband Mark organize their apartment. They are expecting a beautiful baby boy in December 2011. They wanted some help in organizing their life to welcome this bundle of greatness. So me and Ainsley drove 2 hours to them and enjoyed organizing, cleaning, and hanging out with my wonderful siblings.
- Now we are to August, which has been somewhat uneventful. The first two weekends I have been helping my mother at Moonlight Elementary setting up her fourth grade classroom. It is some serious hard work, being a teacher is hard. But it was fun hanging out with my mom and helping her get stuff done.
- It is Tuesday and before I know it will be the third weekend of August. What do I have planned for this weekend you ask? Well on Thursday I am leaving work early to get my wisdom teeth removed. It is going to be intense, because my teeth are unlike most people who get theirs out while their wisdom teeth are still under the gum or just slightly broken through the gum. My wisdom teeth have been coming in for a little over 3 years. So they are currently sitting just as tall as my molars. Therefore my roots are WAY too deep. So it’s going to be a little more intense of a recovery I suppose, which sucks, but whatever. I got to do what I got to do, you know?
Well there you have it another Update Schumpdate! J So until next time when I post about something other than catching up my blog up, have a wonderful end of the summer and say a few alliterations in a day it will make you smile more. Tah Tah for now!
Well, 2011 has seemed to settle in quickly, it is already March and spring is in the air. I am starting to roll the windows down on my drives to and from work. My feet are breathing easier in my choice of airy flats and flip flops instead of my winter loafers. And excitement, adventure, and the sense of new beginnings are starting to pump through my veins again. There is something about winter that just bogs me down and makes me feel blah….It has definitely been a rough winter for me. Then again the past year and half have been quite the intense time.
Pause for a moment….let me say this….
I am not here to complain about my life in any way, but rather just to put my experiences, feelings, emotions, thoughts, and everything else on the table. I am in no way saying that any of what I write is right or wrong, true or false, proper or improper, necessary or unnecessary. I am just putting them on the table because what I am feeling, whether its correct or incorrect, is how I felt at the time, its how I reacted at the time, it’s the real thoughts that crossed my mind at the time, it is my perception of the experience I went through. So I am just here to be honest. Not really for you all, but more for myself. I have bottled up so much of my life, whether that is good or bad I have not a clue. So with all that being said I am sorry if I offend any one, if I confuse any of you, if I hurt any of you, if I do anything to any of you due to this blog. I am just here writing to figure things out. If you have a dilemma with a post or my entire blog, talk to me about it and if you can’t do that then just don’t read my blog…simple as that. : )
…now back to what I was originally saying.
The past year and a half has been intense, to say the least. I have lost a lot of people, things, places, etc. I have realized I have no idea how I tick, how I function, what I love, what I need, what I want, who I need, and really who I am. I have just scratched the surface in figuring me out. I have learned a few of things about my self…. 1. I want to move away. 2. I love trying new foods, so boo yeah to everyone who thought I was overly picky! Except I still hate broccoli. 3. I am horrible at letting go of people, places, things etc. 4. I am a Belieber!!! Woot Woot for Justin Bieber! 5. I have a ton of resentment; I will go into that in another post. So yeah….scratching….scratching….eventually I will start digging….and eventually I will start figuring out the simplest of things to the most complicated of things.