…Whitney Houston and Stevie Wonder on my iPod.
…a peanut butter sandwich and original Sunchips.
…blue jeans, red shirt, blue earrings, and blue headband. Its KU casual day at work today. 🙂
…slightly exhausted, so I am totally ready for the weekend!
…is sunny out, but still chilly.
…wanting a week or two off from work to go on a luxurious vacation! A girl can dream, right?!?!?! lol : )
…to clean my bathroom.
… about having to do my taxes this weekend. YUCK! But getting to hang out with my best friend this weekend. YEAH! 🙂
… listening to my girl Whitney Houston. 🙂
I found this lovely Christmas questionaire and thought I would post it to my blog. 🙂
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? I drink more Hot chocolate than Eggnog, but I enjoy a cup of eggnog once or twice in the season especially with Baileys. Mmmm!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Psh….heck yeah Santa wraps presents! That is the fun of christmas gifts , tearing open the paper!!!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights go on the tree, white lights on the front of the house, and colored lights on the back deck.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have, but when I get my own place I want to start hanging mistletoe! : )
5. When do you put your decorations up? We put up our decorations the day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Every year for Christmas Eve we eat soup burgers, a recipe that came from my dad’s side of the family! It is yum-o! Also my other favorite is the Cheese Ball! My brother always makes it every year! It is also yumYUM-o!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My twin brother and I sleeping under the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve! 🙂
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I do not really remember ever truly believing in Santa. We just thought Santa was a secret stranger who anonymously brought us gifts. : ) lol
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We do our whole Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve! And then on Christmas Morning we open our socks.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our whole family does it together! My mom and sister always did the lights while my brothers and I would fluff our fake tree! Then we would all get the ornaments and we each had certain ones we would hang. The fluffy fabric ornaments always went on the bottom so cause they wouldn’t break when our cat would paw at them.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Now that I am a working lady I dread it because I have to drive in it, but all growing up I love LOVE loved it!
12. Can you ice skate? Not really. My ankles are super super weak!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmmm…..my favorite gift? I am not entirely sure….
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family, family holiday recipes, family traditions!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My mom’s peanut clusters!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Every year as a family before we open our gifts my dad reads the Christmas story out of his bible and then we would read together out loud A Cup of Christmas Tree.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I mean who doesn’t enjoy receiving things, I do!!!! But I prefer to give, I have so much more fun giving than receiving. Giving is my love language. 🙂
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? YUM YUM YUMMY!!!!!
20. Favorite Christmas show? The Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, and Marjorie Reynolds! It is my favorite favorite FAVORITE holiday movie, and one of my favorite movies of all time!
Linda Mason: You better go inside, it’s cold and you don’t have a coat…
[gently pushes him]
Linda Mason: Go on.
Jim Hardy: [kisses her, moves back] Well I don’t need a coat anymore.
SWOON!!!!! I love LOVE love this movie!!! Watch it if you have never seen it!
21. Saddest Christmas song? Um, “Christmas Shoes” hands down. I can’t even listen to it. AND it has a book to go with it, depressing!
“He said, I wanna buy these shoes, for my mama, please. It’s Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size. Can you hurry, please? Daddy says there’s not much time. You see, she’s been sick for quite a while and I know these shoes will make her smile and I want her to look beautiful, if mommy meets Jesus tonight.”
22. What’s your favorite Christmas song? Umm my favorite traditional Christmas carol is Silent Night. My favorite Christmas song that is newer is Chris Brown’s version of This Christmas!
So that’s my Christmas Quiz, I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Feel free to steal it, I won’t be offended. : )
Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy Happy Happy New Year!
Well I sure haven’t blogged in a while, so let me give you the usual excuse…..life has been hectic. I’ll give you an outline/bulleted list, sound good?
- I moved with my twin brother and my parents from Baldwin City to Gardner at the beginning of July. Therefore, all of June was filled with pack the house and prepping to move. June was a crazy month to say the least, but it was full of beautiful change.
- July came and as I stated the first weekend we moved.
- The second weekend my family and I went down to Wichita to celebrate my older brother Bryan being ordained as a pastor. You can just call him Rev now, no big deal. (pictures are from my sister-in-laws blog, Ashley Dunham. Check her blog out she is such a cutie!)
- The third weekend was my birthday weekend. I turned 21, crazy I know. I had a wonderful weekend celebrating with my best friend, Ainsley and some wonderful friends.
- The fourth weekend I helped take part in throwing a surprise birthday for a wonderful close friend of mine, Stormie Colvin. She is lovely and her birthday July 15th just one day after mine. She turned 18 and is wise beyond her years. I love this girl! Her and I went on a date Saturday afternoon to the miniature toy museum, lunch on the plaza, and a stop at a pet shop to enjoy some cute little puppies. Then, I took her to Hope Alive to her surprise party. It was a blast, full of pictures, food, and love/appreciation for Stormie.
- The fifth weekend in July I went up to Manhattan, KS to help my older sister Laura and her husband Mark organize their apartment. They are expecting a beautiful baby boy in December 2011. They wanted some help in organizing their life to welcome this bundle of greatness. So me and Ainsley drove 2 hours to them and enjoyed organizing, cleaning, and hanging out with my wonderful siblings.
- Now we are to August, which has been somewhat uneventful. The first two weekends I have been helping my mother at Moonlight Elementary setting up her fourth grade classroom. It is some serious hard work, being a teacher is hard. But it was fun hanging out with my mom and helping her get stuff done.
- It is Tuesday and before I know it will be the third weekend of August. What do I have planned for this weekend you ask? Well on Thursday I am leaving work early to get my wisdom teeth removed. It is going to be intense, because my teeth are unlike most people who get theirs out while their wisdom teeth are still under the gum or just slightly broken through the gum. My wisdom teeth have been coming in for a little over 3 years. So they are currently sitting just as tall as my molars. Therefore my roots are WAY too deep. So it’s going to be a little more intense of a recovery I suppose, which sucks, but whatever. I got to do what I got to do, you know?
Well there you have it another Update Schumpdate! J So until next time when I post about something other than catching up my blog up, have a wonderful end of the summer and say a few alliterations in a day it will make you smile more. Tah Tah for now!
21 Things I Love About My Twin, Bennett Dunham
21. I love the fact you’re my twin. I know I deny it everywhere I go and I still claim to this day that you are adopted, but I love that we are twins.
20. I love how detailed oriented you can be. That is one thing we seriously have in common. When it comes to your things/room, your hobbies, your passion you are very organized. I really noticed this yesterday when I saw a few sticky notes on your compute desk that had To Do Lists written on them. We be ballin with our sticky notes and dry erase boards of to do lists. : )
19. I love how you hate wrinkles on clothes. You, mom, Bryan, and maybe Mark are like the only ones in our family who obsess over ironing. #IroningClubMembers
18. I love that you and I both share a love for music. Ok, ok, ok….not just a love, but rather an obsessive compulsive, stalker like relationship love for music. Songs that remind me of you: Where Is The Love by Black Eyed Peas, One Week by The Barenaked Ladies, Po Folks by Nappy Roots, Good Day by Nappy Roots, Back At One by Brian McKnight, Mountain Dew by KJ-52, The Show Goes On by Lupe Fiasco, Get Like Me by David Banner, Will You Be There by Michael Jackson, and like a bazillion more. 🙂
17. I love that since we are twins we grew up listening to all the same stuff. Stuff our siblings and parents listened to. Like Leah and her “I like big butts and I cannot lie!” and Dave Matthews Band, Bryan and his MXPX, BeanBag, and Creed, Laura and her Rascal Flatts, Anthony Hamilton, Lauryn Hill, Will Smith, and Simple Plan, Dad and his Jazz, Worship Music, and interesting “Jesus Music”, and mom and her worship music and Dean Martin. I love that we both have the widest music genre love.
16. I love that face you make when you think I am nucking futs! The one where you are just about to burst out in a serious case of the giggles, but are still pondering what I just said or did. It is hilarious! I love it! : )
15. I love how you shave your neck more frequently than I shave my legs. Scary thought I know. But for reals man, your personal hygiene is INCREDIBLE! Fit for a king!
14. One of my favorite memories is when we ran away in 5th grade. We only made it like 6 blocks from the house, but I got scared of a GIANT, FEROCIOUS, MAN EATING SPIDER! And you were still willing to come back home with me cause I was so scared. Then when we got home and we got grounded to our rooms we made up a secret wall tapping language and we talked through the walls and we shared out Altoids with each other cause mom and dad starved us at dinner time. And then when it was time for spankings we totally put on all of our undies so the spanking wouldn’t hurt as bad. And yeah we definitely got away with it! BALLIN!!!!! BEST MEMORIES EVER!!!!
13. I love how we were the only 2 in the family to stick up for Shadow. I miss that chubby, long black hair, cute as a button cat. May he rest in peace. #bestfamilypets
12. I love your head bobbing. Ever since you heard your very first music note you have been bobbing your head. It goes to show you have music in your soul, music is apart of your DNA, music is you and you are music. It is amazing B! I seriously don’t know many people in this world who loves music and everything about music and that comes with music (lyrics, beats, instruments, artists, the music biz, the inspirations, the consistency, the hard work, the sacrifice, etc.). When you bob your head when you have head phones on, when there is music playing out loud, and even when there is no music playing you still bob your head cause music is in your head, heart, and body. You think, breathe, eat, and live music. I see it in you every stinkin day! Never stop loving it the way you do. No one else in this world loves music, the art of music, the dedication of music, the healing power of music like you do.
11. I love you and your many hairstyles through out the years. You and you hair! Oh the stories I could tell about you and your hair.
10. I love the fact that people say we look SOOOO MUCH a like and then we both have the same response…. “psssshhh…whatever! We look nothing a like!!!!” but secretly we know that we are actually the best looking people around! Man…PHEW WEEE……we are SMOKIN HOTT BABES! Noone can touch our twin beauty. #ballin
9. I love your ability to find trashed/thrown out things and take them in and clean them up and make them work and look like brand new! i.e. when you took on that tv or whatever from Ashley Campbell in like 7th or 8th grade and you fixed it right up and made it work. All the laptops you have found that were trashed and you fixed them right up. The list could go on and on.
8. I love that you get excited about anything and everything. We are also alike in this way. We get inspired to do something, make something, go somewhere, change something and we just obsess all over it until we either accomplish it or it just doesn’t work out. We give all we got to the things, the people, and the talents we love. You however, have much more passion than I am. Man you get excited and that passion infects everyone else around and before you know it you have everyone and their mama rooting for you. #YouAreALeaderNotAFollower
7. I love the memory of you, Katie Kynion, and me sitting in the family room at the spring hill house back in like summer of 2008. We were talking about some people and then you went off in this tangent/impersonation of a NBA basketball player who was parapalegic and like a whole bunch of other things. Like seriously that moment was probably one of the funniest things you have ever done. I so wish I got that on camera and I’m sure Kate would agree. 🙂 lol
6. I love that when we made the transition from home school to public school in 7th grade you didn’t forget about me. You introduced me to all the new friends you made which in turn helped me make new friends. I was way WAY way shy back then, but you weren’t and you helped me make friend in 7th grade. Thank you for that.
5. I love how you and Ainsley have an on going count of who has eaten green cabbage with me. Hahahaha
4. I love how we have learned to mostly get along with each other. I mean we still argue randomly, but I am no longer throwing knives at you and you are no longer blowing needle darts at me with your blow dart gun. #goodtimes #goodtimes
3. I love how we can actually tell what each other is thinking sometimes. Its weird, I know. It’s like we have ESP because we are twins or something. Hehehe….but yeah we get each other pretty darn well, whether we like it or not. Most of the times you understand me the best and most of times I understand you the best. We are not just bro and sis we are friends, best friends whether we admit it in public or not.
2. I love how growing up you never got mad at me for giving you nicknames that had to do with terrorists. : ) Benito! Binladen!
1. The greatest thing I love about you is you. I love how you never give up. I love how you love with out expecting anything in return. I love you accept people with no judgment. I love your voice (you need to sing more!)! I love you style, your swag, your funky freshness! I love you, Bennett William Dunham, the best twin brother a sister could as for. I love how a lot of the times I am so mad at you I just want to punch you in the rocks, but somehow you make me laugh and so I am laughing to hard to be mad. I love you care about me. I love how you know what make me laugh. I love how you lean on me and you let me lean on you in hard or sad times. I love you a lot. Happy birthday Bennett! Now let’s party it up! Here is to 21 more years and more!!!!!!! ❤
Life has seemed to be pretty busy lately, so I here is a slight update at what has been going on in the hood.
Ok I know, I know you are wondering how I can call Baldwin City hood, but really you guys its pretty gangster ghetto. All the old people that live here are so hood they wear their pants below their waist and all the peeps going to Baker are quite the hood rats. Ok ok ok….. fine I lied, Baldwin City is nothing at all like the hood. Baldwin city is full of old retired people, preppy college kids, and young families with 2.5 kids. Hahaha it’s a pretty great place let me tell you, I fit in so well. *cough cough* NOT *cough cough* But in all honest I do like Baldwin, it has got some great little hometown stores and antique store, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! And the people are really nice. Plus you can’t beat a town that is smaller than Spring Hill that has 8 bars, 3 sub sandwich places, 2 gas stations, and a John Deer store. This place I have learned to call home and I truly love it. J
So anyway….what was I saying? …………… Oh yes, my busyness….. A lot of randomness has happened recently, so let me give you a brief summary. Actually, I like lists so here is a list, and it’s in no particular order.
- Sprained Ankle – I was walking into work on Friday, the 18th, and I tripped in a pot hole. So naturally, my ankle just crippled under the fall and my huge self. My ankle has been pretty swollen and still is swollen a week later. I have a little bit of bruising all around my foot. But it hurts, and I am just hoping and praying that it heals up properly and I don’t have any fits with it. 🙂
- 1990 Mercury Sable – Also on Friday, the 18th, I was driving to Olathe from my job in Lawrence to meet up with some friends. I had just past Desoto on K10 and my transmission just randomly blew. So fortunately there was this random parking lot on the side of the road and I pulled into there. I called my dad; he said yes that is definitely your transmission from the sound of things. So my friend Stormie and her passenger Emily came from Olathe to pick me up off the side of the road. So I said goodbye on Friday, March 18, 2011 to Lil Loretta the 1990 Mercury Sable. She had a hard life, but she was a good baby and joined in adventure after adventure with me and my gang. You will be missed my darling Lil Loretta, may you rest in peace.
- My Sunday Love and My Em Darling – I got to reconnect and hang out with my two lovely ladies, Stormie Colvin and Emily Atwell. Oh how I love them. We only hung out for an hour or so, but it was so refreshing and so wonderful to see them and hug them! They both or so amazing and I just love them dearly! I have missed them so much in my life the past year. Life has just kind of got in the way and we just all kind of drifted in our own directions. Which isn’t bad, it’s just life. : )
- Relatives and Shopping – My Uncle Bryan, Aunt Peggy, Jasmine, and Jesse came into town from Illinois for a weekend visit on Thursday, the 17th, thru Sunday, the 20th. My mom and Aunt Peggy picked me up from Ainsley’s house on Saturday morning and we headed out to go thrift and antique shopping. It was so much fun. We went to a few of my favorite place around Johnson County. The first place we went, which my Aunt Peggy spotted, is called the Clothes Closet. “The Spring Hill Clothes Closet is a non-profit free consignment store. Bring your gently used, clean clothing to donate, or pick up some clothes from the closet!” The second place we went to was my favorite antique store around! It’s called Sentimental Journey Antique. Oh man I love that place, I don’t even know how to describe it. You all just need to go there yourselves…it is AMAZING! Lastly, we went to Savers. My Aunt Peggy had never heard of Savers, so I had to show her this phenomenal place. She loved it! It is definitely a love in my life. J
So that is the start of the update schmupdate….. life is always updating so of course there will always be more to come. J
Love, joy, peace, and alliterations everyone! ❤